Saving for retirement is an important part of planning for a financially secure...
MJ Pelletier Potvin, CPA, CGMA, MSA
MANAGER, CLIENT SERVICE INNOVATION AND LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
MJ joined LGA in January 2021 after 15 years as a full-time professor of accounting practice. She taught in-person, online, and hybrid courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels with a specialty in Intermediate Accounting and Accounting Information Systems. Prior to academia, MJ spent 18 years in a variety of accounting and information systems roles, including stints as the controller and director of financial reporting for two SEC registrants. MJ began her professional career at Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) where she attained the level of Audit Manager. MJ serves as the Provost of LGA University, with responsibility for coordinating, designing, and teaching courses for staff and clients. She provides consulting services as a member of both our Business Advisory Services (BAS) and Outsourced Management Accounting (OMA) teams. Her industry expertise includes retail, manufacturing, and life sciences. MJ has a passion for identifying and implementing technology solutions.
- Merrimack College: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, concentration in Accounting
- Suffolk University: Masters of Science in Accounting
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSPCA): Member, Educational Foundation Board, Scholarship Committee, Academic & Career Development Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Accounting Association
MJ loves to enjoy her weekends with a well-sharpened pencil and the NY Times crossword puzzle!