LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking a positive and energetic self-driven leader to join our rapidly growing Outsourced Management Accounting (OMA) team, either our Woburn MA, or Salem NH office, work location is flexible. Team members in LGA’s OMA department are responsible for providing bookkeeping, accounting, software, and advisory services to our owner-managed clients. This position is for professionals who enjoy the combination of performing accounting tasks with the leverage of technology and developing wonderful client relationships with a focus to enhance their learning and development and build a career with opportunities to progress at all levels.
LGA is seeking an experienced individual with 5+ years’ experience in an accounting-related field. The benefits of this position are working in a CPA firm with great resources to service a variety of clients from start-ups to mature businesses in a variety of industries. This is a great opportunity for candidates who have public accounting experience in audit or tax and who are looking to get out of the compliance world, but still enjoy the diversity and variety of client services and relationships or a candidate in industry that enjoys all aspects of the accounting cycle, but is not challenged with the routine nature that exists in private accounting.
Key Experiences, Responsibilities, and Personal Attributes:
- Works as an effective team member to accurately complete various tasks including:
- Performing a variety of accounting functions with demonstrating a deep understanding of professional accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Knowledge and efficient utilization of QBO technological features
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and performing reconciliations of key accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing work papers to support account balances.
- Preparing month-end closings including the recording of adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Preparing and reviewing a Balance Sheet, P & L, and General Ledger under the accrual basis of accounting in a proficient manner.
- Interpretation of financial reports to produce a budget to actual analysis, KPIs, and trends that are vital to a business’s decision-making process
- Onboarding new clients
- Training team members and clients in both accounting and software
- Ability to interact with the client regularly and develop client relationships with the client’s leadership and accounting teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve client inquiries regarding accounting and software concerns.
- Extremely detailed oriented and quality-focused
- Monitor team performance by reviewing the quality of work, timeliness of deliverables, and adherence to client budgets by providing coaching and feedback, when needed.
- Ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative environment with team members in all departments.
- Identifies and communicates client and engagement concerns as well as progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics.
- Passion and learning ability to embrace new technological platforms
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and be flexible in tasks and time with managing your workload with adjustments to your schedule especially during peak workload times in the department.
- Ability to balance with ease multiple priorities and clients with weekly and monthly deliverables in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online (QBO) and QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT)
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification is a plus
- Proficient in technology and any related accounting and workflow applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- Able to work effectively in a paperless environment.
LGA is a collaborative working environment that offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within an environment that focuses on positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents through a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings, and celebrations.
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, this position will hold a voluntary temporary remote status. LGA will continue to monitor guidance from health officials and the need for remote work arrangements. LGA will require employees to return to a hybrid, in-office/work-from-home schedule.