LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking positive and energetic self-driven individuals to join our audit and assurance team. The position is for growth-oriented professionals focused on building a career in public accounting with opportunities to progress at all levels. Team members in LGA’s audit and assurance department work extensively on audits, reviews, and compilation engagements in various owner-managed businesses. If you are passionate about being impactful to your clients, while working in a collaborative and fun environment, this is the perfect opportunity to develop enhanced audit and assurance skills with direct client contact in a team environment.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Experience in planning and performing audits, reviews, and compilation engagements in various owner-managed businesses
- Familiarity with accounting and auditing procedures and a general understanding of GAAP
- Preparation of financial statements and developing proper techniques to prepare appropriate work papers
- Ability to obtain an understanding of various clients’ accounting systems
- Flexibility to manage multiple client projects, especially during busy seasons which includes traveling to client sites
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, managers, partners, and clients
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as being self-motivated
- A desire to develop trusted client relationships
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for excellence
- Positive attitude focused on enhancing the firm’s culture and an open-mindedness to change Software Skills:
- Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in technology and a paperless environment
- CCH Suite of Products is a plus: Pro-Fx Tax, Engagement, Document, Portal Education:
- BS/BA in Tax, Accountancy or related concentrations
- Masters in Tax or Accountancy or a plan to pursue
- CPA certification or a plan to pursue LGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a positive environment and culture come join out growing firm that is dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents.
LGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a positive environment that lends itself to a positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents though a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, paid time off to take the CPA exam, reimbursement program, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings and celebrations.